• December 6Dec.10th 11:00am Coed Varsity Swimming @Ball State

• December 6Dec.9th 6:00 Girls Varsity+JV & Boys JV Basketball vs Anserson @Tech, 7:30 Boys Varsity Basketball @Tech DH

• November 21Nov 28 Boys Freshman/JV Basketball 6:00 @Pike HS

The Student News Site of Arsenal Technical High School

CannOnline

College – Where you should be

By: Krisha Hines
After surviving the onslaught of senioritis, constant district testing, and questionable cafeteria food, senior’s campus wide can cheer at knowing senior year is more than halfway over. Even though the time for applying to most schools has passed, spring is still a busy time for college bound students. Spring is the time to start reviewing for your college financial aid packages, choosing your dorm and meal plan, and scheduling meeting with your college advisers.
“I’m in the process of deciding between Purdue and Claflin University,” senior Brianna McGraw
While some are still deciding on where they’ll be whisking themselves away to this August, others are already one step ahead.
“My FAFSA is filled out, I’ve signed my 21st Century Scholar Affirmation, so now all I have to do is set my classes up for freshman year,” senior Dana Mitchell
Setting up many opportunities to visit your future school is also a good idea. These visits serve as a way to really know if the school is really the right pick for you.
Cheryl McManama teaches College Summit, a class designed to guide students through the college application process, and help students identify what careers they’re interested in.
“By this point students should already have their school of choice picked out, and if living on campus, you should have your dorm picked out. It’s also good to begin scheduling times to see your college advisor.” Mrs. Mcmanama
Even though this year is almost over seniors still need to resist the lure of sleeping in class and focus on keeping grades up, actually showing up to school, and not doing anything to jeopardize their college chances.